Analyst (Analytics Team)
Capacity Interactive (CI), a digital marketing consulting firm with a focus on culture and the arts, is looking for a Digital Marketing Analyst to work on our analytics team. We are a fast-growing firm and work with some of the country’s leading arts organizations including New York City Ballet, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Goodman Theatre, The Kennedy Center, and MFA, Houston. Annually, we host Digital Marketing Boot Camp for the Arts, the country’s leading digital marketing conference serving the arts industry.
At CI, we strive to create an organization with no office politics and no personal agendas. We believe in transparency. We work hard, we’re all a bit nerdy, and we have a lot of fun. Together, we see lots of shows and know how to have a great time at happy hour. We are one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC.
As an Analyst on the analytics team, your primary responsibility will be to work directly with clients to help arts organizations use data and web analytics to inform decision-making.
- Analyzing user data in order to tell a story about user behavior and site performance, and then making recommendations to the client.
- Partnering with Capacity Interactive team members to ensure proper campaign tracking is in place.
- Leading customized platform trainings.
- Creating A/B testing plans, overseeing test set-ups, and reporting results and findings.
- Auditing existing Google Analytics accounts to identify data quality issues and gaps in data collection.
- Creating custom tracking using Google Tag Manager.
- Staying up-to-speed on latest advancements and changes in digital analytics world.
- Creating blog posts and sharing findings/new developments, both for our clients and for our internal team.
The Ideal Candidate Possesses The Following:
- A passion for the arts.
- A strong intellectual curiosity and the initiative to experiment with new techniques and approaches.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills (using data to tell a story).
- Strong Excel skills.
- A desire to have ownership of projects and an ability to multitask while working across multiple clients.
- An ability to manage deadlines and work independently with limited oversight.
- Flexibility and openness to take on new projects and tasks and work in an ever-changing and growing company.
- A sense of humor with yourself and others.
The following qualifications are a plus, but not necessary if we find the right candidate*:
- Experience using Google Analytics and/or Google Tag Manager preferred but not required.
- Experience with any of the following is not necessarily required, but is a big plus:
*The right candidate need not have these additional qualifications if he/she willing to learn. We have a robust training program called CIU (Capacity Interactive University) that will get our new employee up to speed. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who loves the arts, is intellectually curious and a quick learner, and has natural quantitative /analytical skills. Having familiarity with Google Tag Manager and/or Google Analytics is a big plus but not required.
This is a full-time position with health benefits and 401(k) including employer match. Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: New York, NY
Last Updated: April 3, 2017